Unlock Your Potential With Our Support
Our Accelerator is a game-changer for entrepreneurs who want to grow their business and make a positive impact on their communities. The program provides business and construction management education along with the opportunity to access capital and construction projects.
Benefits of the Program
- Business Coaching and Technical Assistance
- Development of a Strategic Growth Plan
- Access to Local, Regional and Federal Certifications
- Connections with Corporations and Government Agencies That are Looking to Expand Contracting Partnerships
- Credit Mentoring
- Access to Capital
This program is ideal for founders, CEOs or executives of established companies owned by people of color, women, and those located in under-served communities. We also require eligible businesses to have a need for one or all of the following: Market access, Management support, or Money resources. Applicants must be the primary owner or co-owner and key decision maker of a business that meets the following criteria:
- Majority Minority Business Owner (51%)
- Must have filed at least one business tax return
- Business has been in operation for at least 2 years
- Must have an annual gross revenue of less than $ 1 million
- No government obligations
We Partner For Your Growth
How it Works:
Ascend Houston is a two-year program designed to help increase the capacity of Houston’s minority and women-owned construction firms through public and private contracting opportunities related to building and/or rebuilding local communities.
Our accelerator program equips Houston entrepreneurs with coaching, connections, and access to capital so they can scale up and build the business that they envision. Ascend is a national network of local ecosystems joining forces to best support entrepreneurs.
What to Expect
Selected small business owners will benefit from the program through full participation in all program components.
- There will be 18 weeks of Management Education Courses, to allow businesses to work through the areas of focus.
- Each course will be 2 hours in duration. Classes are held once per week in the evening.
- 4-6 hours a month with a Business Advisor and Credit Mentor.
- Our goal is to provide the time and space to work on a Financial Projection and a Growth Plan for your business.
- Cohort based, in-person or virtual sessions, and practical learning labs
- 1-on-1 mentoring session with industry expert advisors to put learnings into action
Applications will be available prior to the start of each cohort. Interviews will be scheduled prior to the start of each cohort.
2022 Cohort Information Coming Soon!
Not a fit for the program right now?
No problem! For a list of community organizations supporting Houston entrepreneurs view our Resources Page.