Unlock Your Potential With Our Support
Our Accelerator is a game-changer for entrepreneurs who want to grow their business and make a positive impact on their communities. The program provides business and construction management education along with the opportunity to access capital and construction projects.
Benefits of the Program
- Business Coaching and Technical Assistance
- Development of a Strategic Growth Plan
- Access to Local, Regional and Federal Certifications
- Connections with Corporations and Government Agencies That are Looking to Expand Contracting Partnerships
- Credit Mentoring
- Access to Capital
This program is ideal for founders, CEOs or executives of established companies owned by people of color, women, and those located in under-served communities. We also require eligible businesses to have a need for one or all of the following: Market access, Management support, or Money resources. Applicants must be the primary owner or co-owner and key decision maker of a business that meets the following criteria:
- Majority Minority Business Owner (51%)
- Must have filed at least one business tax return
- Business has been in operation for at least 2 years
- Must have an annual gross revenue of less than $ 1 million
- No government obligations
We Partner For Your Growth
How it Works:
Ascend Houston is a two-year program designed to help increase the capacity of Houston’s minority and women-owned construction firms through public and private contracting opportunities related to building and/or rebuilding local communities.
Our accelerator program equips Houston entrepreneurs with coaching, connections, and access to capital so they can scale up and build the business that they envision. Ascend is a national network of local ecosystems joining forces to best support entrepreneurs.